Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Proclaimers of Liberty


The Proclaimers of Liberty

Jesus Broke The Yoke

Side 1: By the Anointing - Medley / He / I'm Singing Wonderful / Jesus Use Me / English - Ilocano - Medley / I Want More of Jesus
[ 35197 ]

Side 2: Born to Serve the Lord / I've Got That Old Time Singing - Medley / He Paid the Debt / Who Am I / Dancing Heart
[ 35198 ]
 
year : 1975

On the cover, L. to R. : 
Carlton Shaw, Mrs Veronica Shaw,
Pacita Rosendo, Rev. Robert C. Rosendo

For additional records, write :
Rev. Robert C. Rosendo
P.O. Box 208 Duluth, Minnesota
or P.O. Box 205 San Jacinto, California


From an old ebay listing, which had a sample, which I preserved.

Robert C. Rosendo, a member of the Igorots, a tribu of former headhunters far north of the Tasadays, a peace-loving tribe which was discovered years ago but still living in the Stone Age, is the founder and director of the International Christian Chuch of the Philippines, Inc.   The Reverend resided in Simi Valley, Calif  in the late 70s.  

In 1948, when Rosendo was nine years old, he met a GI who later returned to the tribe to convert members to Christianity.  "Becoming a headhunter was proof of manhood," he explained.  " Skulls were objects of worship.  Houses were decorated with them to ward off evil spirits."It took three years to change the village completely," he said, "and you would never know that the people here were ever savage." 

A miracle only God can do. 

Even more obscure is another LP, also pressed by Rite Records, as by The Proclaimers/ Robert Rosendo And Veronica Shaw. The title : "Bu Tje Ampotomg Kesis Breals Tje Uple".

More info and another miracle are needed. God? Anyone?


Decapitated enemy of an Igorot head hunter

What is a Igorot ?  Answer HERE

And what about headhunting the Philippine Cordilleras ? Answer HERE

Of lesser interest is the article "Critique Of Imperial Cultural Studies And The Task Of Indigenization In The Philippines" by E. San Juan, Jr., Fellow, Harry Ransom Center, University Of Texas, Austin, USA which contains plenty of five (or more) syllabs words    link

1 comment:

  1. I was searching for my aunts obituary she recently passed unexpectedly August 10th 2020 and after looking up her name I found this blog. I am not sure if this will get to anyone since this is from 2013. My aunt is Pacita Rafael Rosendo and she is the one who is singing on the sample. She who married my Uncle Robert Caligtan Rosendo in 1973. Pacita and Robert had 1 child Robert Rafael Rosendo norm 1980. My Uncle Robert Caligtan passed in 1996. My mom is Veronica Shaw and my dad is Carl Shaw and they currently live in Fairfield California. Carl and Veronica had 2 children Erica Shaw 1975 and Renee Shaw 1978. This record as well as a few others are in our possession but had no idea anyone else would know anything about them let alone have a sample of a song. So wonderful to see this blog. Please e-mail with questions regarding my family.

    ReplyDelete