Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bluegrass Kats on Playhouse

Bluegrass Kats

Playhouse 1159
Playhouse Productions
P.O. Box 61
Monroe, NC

35451 ~ Fox On The Run
35452 ~ Little Bessie




The Bluegrass Kats performing "Fox On The Run" in a local place
called The Dead Dog Saloon in Myrtle Beach, SC


"Fox on the Run" with lyrics by Tony Hazzard was first recorded by the British band Manfred Mann as a single issued 29 November 1968. It was introduced to bluegrass by Bill Emerson and quickly became a bluegrass favorite. The original can be heard HERE.
Fox on the run

She walk through the corn leading down to the river
Her hair shone like gold in the hot morning sun
She took all the love that a poor boy could give her
And left me to die like the fox on the run
Like the fox, like the fox, like the fox, like the fox on the run

Everybody knows the reason for the fall
When woman tempted man down in paradise's hall
This woman tempted me alright, then took me for a ride
But like the lonely fox I need a place to hide

* Refrain

Come take a glass of wine and fortify your soul
We'll talk about the world and friends we used to know
I'll illustrate, a girl put me on the floor
The game is nearly up, the hounds are at my poor

* Refrain

No comments:

Post a Comment