Saturday, December 13, 2008

Mary Hankins With The Tiki-Turbans



Mary Hankins With The Tiki-Turbans
12451 – The Way Of Love

Mary Hankins /Jimmy Taylor With The Tiki-Turbans
12452 – Ants In My Pants

Continental Promotions
Charleston W. Va.



Curtis Price remembers :

« My dad […] was a musician, so obviously I became involved with music real early. He was a piano player, so I played piano with him for years. Later, I switched to guitar. My grandmother bought me my first guitar. It was a Christmas present, and she passed away on Christmas Day. That guitar was always very special to me.

"By junior high, I was playing with a group called the Tiki Turbans. There was a club called the Man Tiki on the Boulevard, a college hangout. We played there three or four nights a week.


"The Way Of Love" has been compiled on CD (The Kiddie Sound, volume 13), but wrongly credited to Jimmy Taylor. The singer is Mary Hankins.

No comments:

Post a Comment